Smile Generation MyChart, our patient portal that offers secure online access to manage your health information, anywhere, any time.
Here’s some key information to keep in mind at your first visit
Before Your Visit
You’ll receive an email or text from our office to access Smile Generation MyChart. Activate your account using the secure online portal to complete eCheck-In before your visit. This will allow your provider to review the information ahead of your appointment and prepare for the visit.
Once You Arrive
Meet your new dentist and team, take a quick tour of the office, and make yourself comfortable.
While You’re Here
We will complete a thorough exam, which could take up to 90 minutes. From there we will determine how we move forward to get your smile healthier and happier.
What to expect from the exam process:
- Dental Assistant will take all necessary xrays
- Dentist will review medical and dental history and xrays to determine the best course of dental treatment
- Healthcare Coordinator will support you in determining which options are best, and help you understand your personalized payment options
After you leave
Brush 2 times a day and floss at least once a day. We never get tired of reminding people.
What to bring to your first appointment?
To start, your smile. You’ll also need:
- To arrive 15 minutes before your appointment
- Dental and medical insurance card (if applicable)
- Dental and medical history information
- Current prescribed medications
Scaling & Root Planing v. Regular Cleaning
Regular cleaning is essential to maintain good oral hygiene, prevent cavities and monitor gum disease. When tartar buildup becomes too much and there is bone loss, it may require scaling and root planing. This procedure is more extensive treatment that removes tartar below the gumline. It typically requires more than a single visit to ensure all the tartar and plaque are completely removed.